- These terms and conditions apply when the Customer has made a purchase online. They apply in addition our standard sales terms which have been provided to the Customer by the Supplier and which can be viewed at https://www.pentagon-group.co.uk/pentagon-terms-and-conditions-of-trade-sale-of-vehicles (Contract Terms). Words which have a defined meaning in the Contract Terms shall have the same meaning in these terms.
- If there is any conflict or ambiguity between the provisions of these terms and the Contract Terms, these terms shall apply.
- In accordance with the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, if the Customer as a private consumer has entered into the Contract completely off premises (for example online), the Customer may cancel the Contract and return the Purchased Goods within 14 days of receiving them by contacting the Supplier using the email or telephone number given as the Supplier’s contact details at the time of order.
- On cancellation the Purchased Goods shall either be returned by the Customer or collected by the Supplier (as agreed between the Customer and the Supplier). The Customer will not be charged if they wish to have the Purchased Goods collected.
- On cancellation or as soon as reasonably practicable afterwards the Customer and the Supplier will agree a time and date for collection of the Purchased Goods and the Customer will give the Supplier all reasonable assistance with collecting the Purchased Goods.
- On cancellation of the Contract any related credit agreement will be cancelled.
- On cancellation the Customer must, until the Purchased Goods are collected by the Supplier, take reasonable care of the Purchased Goods and keep the Purchased Goods in the Customer's possession.
- Within 14 days of notification of cancellation of the Contract and provided that the Customer has not prevented the Supplier from collecting the Purchased Goods, the Supplier shall repay to the Customer the Price less any deduction made under clause 9 below. If the cancelled Contract involved a part-exchange the Supplier will (at its discretion) either return the vehicle that the Customer part-exchanged or pay to the Customer the agreed part-exchange value.
- The Supplier shall be entitled to deduct from the refund of the Price under clause 8 above or charge the Customer for a sum equal to the reduction in value of the Purchased Goods resulting from anything done by the Customer with the Purchased Goods which it would not have been entitled to do whilst at the Supplier’s showroom including, but not limited to, reduction in value resulting from any wear and tear, damage or any mileage over 10 miles added to the mileage at the time of delivery;
- If the Purchased Goods are made to the Customer’s specifications or clearly personalised then the Customer does not have the right to cancel the Contract.
- Nothing in these terms or the Contract Terms affects your statutory rights
Terms & Conditions for the 14 Day Money-back Guarantee
Applies to all used car purchases ordered and delivered from 5th November 2020 that are delivered via home delivery or via 'Click and Collect' at a dealership without the customer having had the opportunity to test drive it. The customer will be responsible for arranging return to the dealership and for any costs of doing so. This guarantee cannot be used more than twice by the same person.
In order to be eligible for the used car 14 Day Money-back Guarantee (in addition to your statutory cancellation rights), you must return the V5 log book for the used car that you wish to return, you mustn’t have made any alterations or modifications to the used car whatsoever, mileage must not exceed 500 miles since purchase, have no damage or require excessive cleaning.
Where you have paid for the used car by entering into a finance agreement and you wish to exercise the 14 Day Money-back Guarantee, then instead of issuing you with a refund, we will return to the finance provider the amount which is payable by you to the finance provider under the finance agreement when you exercise your right to withdraw from that agreement.
Nothing in these terms or the Contract Terms affects your statutory rights.