Facts about depreciation:
1. Cars values are lower in March and September when new registrations are added.
2. Cars typically depreciate between 15%and 35% in the first year and anything up to 50% by the third year.
3. Leather increases your car’s value by up to 15%
4. Sat Nav increases your car’s value by approximately 10%
5. Full Service History increases your car’s value by up to 25% - relevant for older cars whereby age is less important than the maintenance of the car
6. Repair any damage immediately
7. Cars depreciate at approximately the same rate this year as they have done over the last few years
8. Avoid modifications such as exhausts, air filters, bodykits and aftermarket alloys as they devalue the car
If you are thinking of selling your vehicle soon – remember the car will devalue each month. To discuss a part exchange valuation please contact us on 0333 222 0424 or alternatively send us a part exchange valuation request and we'll email you with a competivive quote.
Some cookies are necessary, while others allow us to enhance your experience, personalise content and ads (across your devices), and provide insights into how the site is being used. Our recommended settings are that these cookies are all active but if you aren't happy with this you can manage your preferences by clicking Customise Cookie Settings.
Necessary cookies enable core functionality. Our website cannot function properly without these cookies, and they can only be disabled by changing your browser preferences (please note if disabled our website may not work or show correctly on your device).
We use personalisation cookies to understand how you engage with our website across all your devices, this includes recording your browsing habits and activity. This information is used for profiling purposes and to help identify you, so that we can show personalised content.
We use third party cookies on our site to serve you with advertisements that we believe are relevant to you and your interests. You may see these advertisements on our site and on other sites that you visit on any of your devices where you've accepted marketing cookies. Please note that if you disable these, you will still see adverts but they won't be specifically tailored to you and your interests.