Renault Megane R.S. spec guide: everything you need to know
The Renault Megane R.S. is one of the country’s favorite hot hatches. A low, assured stance. Wide wings. 300hp. Everything about the Megane R.S.is made for racing. But it’s not too flashy, with subtle athletic touches gracing the exterior and cabin.
Explore below to learn everything you need to know about the new Renault Megane R.S., including specs, features, trims, prices, engine performance and more.
Renault gave the Megane the R.S. treatment back in 2004. The sporty mk2 version was the one that sparked this model’s long history of R.S. power, with four iterations in total over the years.
The current Megane R.S. builds on the experience and successes of its lineage. Its trackworthy performance has been distilled over the generations. Multiple accoldated include What Car’s Best Hot Hatch 2010-2014 and Evo’s Highest place non-supercar 2011.
Renault Megane R.S. Engine
The Renault Megane R.S.’s engine is the star of the show. It’s a 1.8-litre petrol powerhouse with 300hp.
- Dual-clutch EDC automatic gearbox
- 300hp with 420 Nm torque
- 0-62mph in just 5.7 seconds
- Turbocharged, direct injection
It’s fast. It’s intelligent. And it’s built for the track. Explore below to find some of the cutting-edge F1-inspired technology which makes the R.S.’s athletic drive.
Choose from the five MULTI-SENSE driving modes for a unique driving experience every time.
Sport Mode: firmer steering, more response from the engine and gearbox.
Eco Mode: smooth steering, greater fuel efficiency.
Default / Neutral Mode: vehicle factory settings
Comfort Mode: smooth steering, softened ambient lighting
Perso Mode: manual configuration of the drive, comfort, light and engine noise.
Innovative 4CONTROL steering technology gives you super precise handling for shaving seconds off track times. This dynamic, sporty four-wheel steering makes cornering tighter and safer than ever. At low speeds, the rear wheels turn in the opposite direction to the front.
Put the Megane R.S. in Sport or Race mode for access to Launch Control. This gives you maximum grip when taking off from a standstill without any wheel spin. Engine torque is adjusted throughout launch to give you the best start possible.
Current Renault Megane R.S. Models
There are two models available: the R.S. 300 and the R.S. Trophy. The 300 is the base model, with the Trophy topping the range. But both are fully kitted out with cutting-edge features, comfy cabins and the perfect driving position.
Renault Megane R.S. 300
Even for the ‘base’ model, the R.S, 300 is still properly equipped. Below we’ve chosen some standout features.
- R.S. wheel arches, air grilles, side skirts, rear spoiler, front and rear bumpers
- 18-inch ESOTORIL Gun Metal Grey alloys
- R.S. Vision LED 3 function headlights & integrated C-shape indicator
- Tinted rear windows
- Front ambient lighting
- Exclusive R.S. black roof lining
- R.S. Carbon Black upholstery
- R.S. Nappa leather steering wheel
- Premium BOSE 9-speaker system
- 10” TFT digital R.S. digital driver display
- R.S. welcome sequence upon entering the cabin
- Five driving modes, including Sport
- Front and rear parking sensors with a rear camera
- Lane departure warning
- Cruise control with a speed limiter
- Emergency brake assist
Renault Megane R.S. Trophy
The Renault Megane R.S. Trophy comes with the following features, in addition to everything in the 300:
- Brembo bi-material brakes in red
- 19-inch JEREZ diamond-turned alloys with red details
- R.S. front bumper with a gun metal grey F1 blade, honeycomb grille and Trophy badge
- R.S. Alcantara upholstery with contrasting red stitching
- Exclusive cup chassis with a Torsen limited slip differential
- Custom springs/shock absorbers
Megane R.S. dimensions
The beauty of the Megane R.S. is the pairing of the F1-inspired engine and its compact dimensions. It’s this combination which makes it a dream to drive.
- Megane R.S. width: 2,058mm
- Megane R.S. height: 1,447mm
- Megane R.S. length: 4,364mm
- Megane R.S. weight: 1,447kg (kerb weight)
Megane R.S. boot space
434-litres of boot space can easily fit multiple medium suitcases, beating other hot hatches in terms of available cargo area. And with the rear seats folded down, you have up to 1,247-litres to play with.
Get in touch